1. So after days of the deals, the no deal, the long march predictions, the endless rounds of meetings, Iftikhar Chaudhry has been reinstated. It took over 2 years, thousands of protests, two would-be long marches, lots of tear gas and arrests to achieve this. Today I will be happy. Maybe tomorrow I will think of how Zardari is now plotting something new.
2. The Long March Drinking Game was not a good idea. I think my liver disintegrated in the last few days. RIP dearest liver.
3. The government’s response to Pakistani protests is getting predictable. Tear gas and lathi charge by the police? Seriously. Think of something Musharraf and co didn’t do when it comes to handling protesters, and then we’ll have something to talk about.
4. PTV needs to learn the meaning of the word ‘jald’. Six hours of waiting for the PM’s address! SIX!!!
5. Ali Mustafa from Dawn News should never be let near a live camera ever again. Ever. There is no amount of alcohol that can make what he did on live television on Sunday seem funny. I know I should get off my high horse, but really, he was unbearable.