Must read of the day: Mohammad Hanif’s hilarious op-ed on the definition of kafirs and more on BBC Urdu’s website. Will someone translate this for our non-Urdu readers as well?
Also, I am sick and tired of people asking me to join groups on Facebook against Talibanization. As my friend F rightly pointed out, Sufi Mohammad and co will really not check the number of members on a Facebook group against them and decide ‘oh ho, lets NOT go for the Nizam-e-Adal regulation and our extremist version of Islam’. Some of the titles of the groups I’ve seen so far:
1. The Dying humanity at da hands of Talibans!!!!!!!! [Da! DA!?! And what on earth is Talibans?]
2. Terrorists are the enemy of Islam and Pakistan. See their real face. [What? They’re not George Clooney look-alikes under their black socks that they use for masks?]
3. Yaar, Where’s My Pakistan? Voices for Change [After the success of Dude Where’s My Car, comes this summer’s blockbuster…]
4. RID PAKISTAN OF LOCAL TALIBAN AND MILITANT MULLAHS [-2 for not turning off Caps Lock]
5. No place in Pakistan for the Taliban – Lets Get Them Out [And logging onto Facebook is JUST the way to start]